COVENANT FOR THE BROCKPORT UNITED METHODIST CHARGE
We recognize that although we are four seperate congregations we are one in Christ. Therefore, we will support each other in the following ways:
- In recruiting and developing leadership,
- In equipping the laity to perform ministry,
- To intentionally enter, maintain and encourage fellowship with each other,
- To be sensitive to the inherent differences of our individual congregations,
- To care for one another’s needs, both spiritual and temporal in times of crisis and in times of well being,
- To co-operate in finding ways to bring effective ministry to our Pastor, to each other, to our communities, and to the world
- To challenge each other to do good work
- To relate to one another in love
- To find, foster and encourage ways in which we might more effectively be sensitive to the leading of God’s Holy Spirit and collectively attain the mind of Christ.
We the aforementioned, hereby make our commitment, trusting in the grace of God to work in us that we might have strength to keep this covenant. We do this to the glory of God and the upbuilding of His Kingdom.
Adopted by the Brockport United Methodist Charge Council
September 21, 1988